ESP Services are required to:
- Remain within the competency scope of modalities offered and professionally qualified in. (i.e. if the practitioner is not professionally qualified/licensed in psychotherapy or counseling – this may not be included in the service delivery) .
- Remain within Equine Supported Programs’ facilitation and competency scope, (i.e. ‘Shared Experiential Learning, Growth & Healing’ within ESP’S facilitation format).
- Mounted experiences on horses (and any other animal) are required to remain within the Equine Supported Programs’ facilitation scope.(i.e. are offered as gentle, led experiences – supporting the person to feel ‘lifted, held & carried’ by the horse); and may only be offered where the practitioner/facilitator is appropriately qualified and insured for mounted experiences.
ESP Practitioners / Facilitators are responsible for:
- Clearly and correctly representing themselves within Equine Supported Programs’ facilitation and certification competencies and requirements.
- Providing clarity about cost, booking and cancelation procedures, program/session content, accessibility, duration, and facilitation processes for services provided.
- Referring clients to appropriate/useful resources and specialist service providers when needed and/or out of the scope of practice.
- Providing services that are professionally supportive and loyal to their clients’ needs.
- Assessing and monitoring the facilitation, service delivery, environmental setting, and client/horse/animal/nature/practitioner dynamic(s) to comply with and suit the needs of all (as best can).