Certificate in ESP Learning Growth & Healing (LG&H) Practitioner
Foundation Certificate: suitable for practice in Equine / Animal / Nature Assisted Learning & Therapeutic Modalities
4 Intensive Learning Modules (minimum 130 hours) consisting:
- 5 days (30 hrs) in each intensive practical, theory, learning & assessment.
- Minimum of 8 (1 hr) practical assessment & supervisions, on location, or via distance.
- Minimum 1hr theory supervision on completion of written competency assessment.
- Minimum 1hr business planning support supervision.
- Ongoing, caring & tailored support.
- May be delivered Monthly, Bi-monthly, or Seasonally.
Intensive 1 (week 1) – you will learn:
- Meaning & scope of Equine / Animal / Nature Assisted Learning & Therapeutic modalities.
- Equine Supported Programs (ESP) Model – ethics & standards, mission & culture, services, etc.
- Creating an engaging ‘safe space’ – with flexibility & adaptability.
- The unique support role of Equine (horse) in ESP services (& beyond).
- The valuable support role of other animals, pets, nature, weather, etc. in services (& beyond).
Intensive 2 (week 2) – you will learn:
- Meaning & integration of ‘Shared Experiential Learning, Growth & Healing’.
- Refined skills for being a ‘Support’ person/service.
- ESP’s unique, interactive & flexible facilitation format.
- Creative integration of ‘Learning Growth & Healing Themes’.
- ‘Compassionate Horse / Animal / Nature Relationship’ skills in the ESP Model (& beyond).
Intensive 3 (week 3) – you will learn:
- Meaning & integration of ESP’s ‘Natural Way of the Horse Life Skills’.
- Holistic meaning & integration.
- Meaning & integration of ESP’s ‘Natural Processes’.
- Trauma meaning & basic support-skills / practice.
- Mindfulness / Awareness meaning & integration.
Intensive 4 (week 4) – you will learn:
- The support role of philosophical exploration & expression in services.
- The support role of nourishing food/drinks & meaningful social connection in services.
- Business ideals & review of practitioner skills aligning with ESP ethics & standards.
- Important self-care, client-care, horse/animal-care & other-care, during services (& beyond).
- Defining your ‘practice-identity’ & the value of ‘you’ as a support person in services (& beyond).
Minimum 2 practical assessments & supervisions, once completing each Intensive Module
*Certificate of competency requirements: Complete 4 Intensive Learning Modules; 1 written
assessment; 8 practical assessments; minimum 10 supervisions; signed pledge of ESP’s ethics & standards.