Certificate in ESP Horse Life Skills (HLS) Facilitator
Certificate of completion to acknowledge the professional/personal development of the facilitator
5 Learning Modules (minimum 32 hours training) consisting:
- 1 day (6 hours) in each learning & assessment module.
- Practical, theory & written competency assessment.
- Minimum 1hour practical assessment & supervision, on location or via distance
- Minimum 1hour theory supervision on completion of written competency assessment.
- Ongoing, caring & tailored support.
Module 1 (day 1) – you will learn:
• Meaning & scope of ESP Horse Life Skills (HLS) Facilitator
• Equine Supported Programs (ESP) model – ethics & standards, mission & culture, services, etc.
• Creating an engaging ‘safe space’ – with flexibility & adaptability
• Meaning & practice of ‘Shared Experiential Learning, Growth & Healing’
Module 2 (day 2) – you will learn:
• The unique support role of Equine (horse) in ESP services (and beyond)
• The valuable support role of other animals, pets, nature, weather, etc.
• Refined skills for being a ‘Support’ person/facilitator
• ESP’s unique, interactive facilitation format
Module 3 (day 3) – you will learn:
• Creative integration of ‘Learning, Growth & Healing Themes’
• Insight into ‘Compassionate Horse / Animal / Nature relationship’ skills in the ESP Model
• Meaning & integration of ESP’s ‘Natural Way of the Horse Life Skills’
• Holistic meaning & integration
Module 4 (day 4) – you will learn:
• Meaning & Integration of ESP’s ‘Natural
• Trauma meaning & basic support-skills
• Mindfulness / Awareness meaning & integration
• The support role of philosophical exploration /
expression in facilitation
Module 5 (day 5) – you will learn:
• The support role of nourishing food/drinks & meaningful social connection
• Review of support-facilitation skills which align with ESP ethics & standards
• Important self-care / client-care & other-care before, during & after facilitation
• Defining your ‘facilitation-identity’ & the value of ‘you’ as a support person in your world
Minimum 1hour practical assessment & supervision, once completing Learning Modules
*Certificate of competency requirements:
Complete 5 Learning Modules; 1 written assessment; 1 practical assessment; minimum 2 supervisions; signed pledge of ESP’s ethics & standards.